Friday, April 17, 2009

Who is my target market?

Last blog, I discussed what a marketing funnel is. One of the first things to decide when setting up a marketing funnel is...who is my target market? Most of the generic systems that I have been using as resources say to set up your "target market" to be other internet marketers. It does make some sense if you are going to be building an online business to target people who are already familiar with online businesses. If you believe the statistics, 97% of internet marketers fail, so that means that 97% of your target market are looking for help...

When it comes to a target market, a very broad target (like "internet marketers") will make it easier to pull more people into your "funnel". However, as people move into your "funnel" and learn more about you, you will have to build a relationship with more people in order to find those who are interested in you: interested in your help and eventually interested in joining your business.

However, I have played the numbers game. I have called MANY, MANY free business opportunity leads and know that, while the leads are effective, you have to call many many many more of the free leads in order to see results. Leads that I have purchased, while you pay them, are more targeted and usually are actual people interested in a business (rather than a fake phone number or email or someone that wanted a free hat).

So I'm interested in narrowing my target market a little bit to a group of people that I think will be attracted to my personality, and eventually to My Power Mall. Based on my current situation, I think that I relate the best to moms and in particular, new moms. So I am going to work at attracting mothers of young children into my marketing "funnel". These mothers would be people who are interested in making money online, or who already are involved in an online business but are looking for some help.

Speaking of being a new mom...I'm still waiting for the arrival of our little girl. It's six days until my date.....It's been very busy these last few days (which is why I've been blogging less frequently) trying to "get ready". Next week is my last week at my day job, so I spent much of today trying to wrap up loose ends and get everything documented on various projects so that my colleagues can take over in my absence and my clients still get the service they deserve and pay for. Last night my husband got everything out of our attic so we could get out the baby stuff...the swing, the bibs, the clothes...so the rest of the night will be spent sorting and so trying to decide what we need out now, and what we can pack up until we move. Thanks to bzm and my earth angel, I've been able to keep focused on what is important and let go of what is not as important....

Good night!
Sandy W

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Wonderful post, Sandy. I'm smiling ear to ear in warmth. Your target market is PERFECT. Another refinement of your target market are professional moms who are now home with their first or second baby. Even more refinement would be those Moms (or Dads) who are in your specific field.

You've given me a direction to go as I move in and follow your lead, and Jacki's promting, in the social networking arena.

Thanks!

Sending good wishes to your whole family as Baby Girl continues to drop-down. Hugs ;-).

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video