Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Goals Part II

Big Z's Mom has an excellent post about how to get your business off to a good start. She also challenged me with my goals posts...that nine months is too long of a time to set your goals without considering short term ones as well. So in order to reach my goal of 10 downline members is 9 months, I need to be getting 1.1 sign ups each month. I know...it's impossible to get 1.1 sign ups...so I am going to set my goal at 2 sign ups each month. To work that goal "backwards" or setting the action plan, I still think that I can reach that goal by making new 5 contacts a week and following up, following up, following up with my existing contacts.

But what do we do when we discover that we are not reaching our goals? It's difficult. I was discouraged tonight because one of my downline members has decided that MPM is not for them and asked me how they cancel their WCM. It's difficult not to think, "what should I have done differently to help them?" "Why would they want to cancel their mall?" "What if I had...".

I'm the first to admit that there probably are things that I could have done better. But it also is up to each member to build their own business for themselves...they cannot have their sponspor build it for them.

I think we need to look at why we had not reached our goals, and based on what we learn, craft new goals and succeed at them. Here are some reasons that we may not accomplish our goals:
1. The goals were not reasonable or attainable in the first place
2. The action plan associated with the goals was not adequate to bring us to those goals
3. The action plan was not followed.

In my case, it is usually the third option to explain my short comings. I was frustrated at the pace of my social networking tuturial that I was trying to follow step by step (I'm one of those people that love to have easy directions laid out for me to follow). It has been two weeks since the last tutorial was released. But I realized that only I am responsible for my business and I needed to press on toward my goals anyway. So I set up my own facebook profile today, to keep things moving in my goal of getting myself viewed as an online expert. I had an existing facebook account, but its is mostly for sharing family pics and so forth. I created an account just for my MPM business and worked on "telling my story" in my profile. I will save the details for tomorrow's blog.

Sandy W

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Hi there, Sandy. Thank you for your kudos, and I have to thank you back. You've seemed to create the next thoughts as we wrestle in our minds moving forward in our own life steps and business steps. Thank you.

Since last evening, much of our energy has been devoted to Big Z, for he has conjunctivitis in a bad way. He's a lot better now, and my hope is that by morning, he'll be better still.

I'm sorry your team member decided to let their business go. As Ginny has said many times in her updates and calls, the challenge to let each and every member of MPM choose their own path isn't always easy; but, she did state something in her recent update saying that if not MPM, then go find the business that does FIT You. What I am grateful for, and I trust that if you're not there already, you will come to be there: It was upstanding of your member to talk with you and tell you vs. closing the door and having zero communication. We're here to help people achieve their goals. How much nicer it is to "know" where people are on their paths vs. "guessing".

There will always be things that we could do better, Sandy, for this is a business of constantly improving our skills and learning our lessons. After seeing your development through the Boot Camp and as you continue to forge your MPM trail, I would happily choose you as one of my trusted guides. You are a valuable asset, and I trust that your member will also come to realize this if they haven't already. You are and have the qualities of a terrific leader.

Sleep tight! And, thank you for reiterating my thoughts for thinking of "what's possible" vs. my sometimes "pie-in-the-sky-thinking". As we consider our new goals, I'm really, really working on evaluating what is "realistic" and "achievable" for our business considering our life situation and our intended lifestyle.

"If it is to be, it is up to me."

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video