Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patricks Day

Take two on the Triangle Nonprofit Meetup Group Meeting...

Tonight was excellent. Of course, I was nervous before I got there. I found it really with no problem and had a great time. I really did not talk about MPM that much. I exchanged information with 6 people and am actually looking forward to following up with them.

There were two nonprofits that are "new" in that they have only been an organization for a year or two. One of them just got their 501c number. One helps connect individuals from the US with opportunities for service in Africa...such as a college student studying computers with an opportunity to use their computer knowledge in Africa. The other works to helps with conflict resolution. Ultimately their goal is to be able to train and employ middle school and high school students to be mentors to their peers regarding conflicts.

That's all for now. I'm worn out after a bad night sleep. I guess I need to get used to waking up every few hours...

Sandy W.

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

I'm so glad you had a great time at the Meetup Group, Sandy. That's GREAT! Congratulations for stepping through the fear, and, for being diligent about taking action on your plan.

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video