Monday, December 1, 2008

Dec 1- Time for a new strategy

I need a new strategy

I need to come up with a new strategy. I am very excited about being a member of the boot camp but am still having problems with getting the 5—let alone the follow up with those I have contacted, lining up a local charity to be the gifting center of my foundation mall, and contacting and following up with businesses.

I need to overcome my fear

I need to overcome my fear of talking to the people I meet with My Power Mall. I know that I will; I am willing to do what it takes. However, I now realize that my time during the day is limited and I need to make sure that I use the most of it! My available time during the week is really a ½ hour or so on my way to work, some days I get a lunch break, and then a few hours after work before the evening boot camp call (at 8 PM since I’m on the East Coast). After the call is when I have been working on catching up with my blogs, emails, and reading other’s blogs (I really do not feel like I can call people after 9 PM…at least if they are on the east coast). I plan on using the weekends (when my time is much more flexible) to meet additional people so I can make up for those days (like today) I’ve fallen short of the goal of 5.

Here is my strategy

I think I will try Eleanor’s strategy to start the conversation (see Eleanor’s November 26th blog entry). That will make the conversation easier; however, I need to get these contacts at places where I am most comfortable at starting conversations. I am most comfortable in place where conversation is natural. So far, I have tried the grocery store, several other stores, and gas stations. I had limited success at a restaurant with the staff; I used to work at a restaurant and know how boring it can get in between tables (or as a hostess in between customers) when things get slow.

Tomorrow I am going to try to ride the local college transit bus. I drove for the local transit system when I was in college and feel conversations on the bus just naturally get started between the people riding on the bus. Any other ideas of places I should try? I have more than 50 days left :)

Follow up

I’ve been spending too much time worrying about trying to get my “5” that the follow up has not been where is should be. I’ve spent time making a list of all that I need to do for follow up. That includes emails, but also phone calls and snail mail letters. There are all my contacts from last week, plus contacting the local food bank regarding the funds from my foundation mall, plus making a list of businesses for the Business Partnership Program. I will include more tomorrow about follow up.

-Sandy W.

2 comments:

Jacki Varacalli said...

Sandy,
It's great to have a plan but they don't mean anything without action. Go out and take action so you can reach your goal. I know you can do this. -Jacki

Ginny Dye said...

Hi Sandi,

I'm proud of you for coming up with a solid plan to move you through the next 50 days. Moving without a plan can be a futile effort and just make you tired. :) I am so proud of all you are learning and all you're doing. Now that you have your plan I am looking forward to reports of your action and results. :) Have FUN today!

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video