Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday-Week 3

I set off today to try to talk to someone each way I had outlined in my blog yesterday. I called a local business owner and said,

"My name is Sandy. I work with a company called My Power Mall and I have some information regarding an advertising opportunity that I think you would be interested in. Can I email you with this information?"

It was very simple! I sent the email, which was adapted from the letter Ginny wrote for the Business Partnership Program and script that Linda sent out as a message to leave on answering machines. I will call them on Friday to follow up.

I also talked to someone using the "small talk" approach. We were in Big Lots, and actually he was the one that started the conversation (Yay!). Anyway, the conversation was very pleasant, but I had trouble steering the conversation towards MPM. I always think of the things to say after the fact. Chalk that one up for practice!

I am disappointed that I did not get to try out the other conversation starters. I used the phone to get my other leads today as I had to take care of some things around the house (I hate being cooped up when its warm and nice out).

I also like the idea of using the answering machine to build my business...and ironically enough, I just got a new phone book in the mail, so I guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow!

-Sandy W

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Sandy,
Got to view a few of your YouTube videos yesterday and I wanted to celebrate your bravery! Great job! Every day, it appears that you get more and more comfortable being an ambassador for My Power Mall and sharing your passion.

Also, I'm glad you when your son wasn't feeling well, he still wants some warm hugs. Thanks, too, for sharing the image of your little darlin' on the way . . .

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video