Friday, December 12, 2008

It's the end of week three and follow up is key!

Ginny has challenged us to contact each of our contacts and follow up with them this weekend. When completing a follow up call, the goal is to get to know the contact better. Ask questions and listen to the answers. That sounds really simple.

With the exception of one call, at 1 AM in the morning, most of my follow up calls thus far have been talking to answering machines. I have a bad habit of answering the phone [at 1 am in the morning when I've been asleep] and not really being awake when I talk to the person on the phone. I honestly am not sure how that follow up call went :). I tried to call the person back today and just got the answering machine...so I left another message.

The business I had contacted regarding advertising opportunity declined the opportunity by email (they have already spent their advertising budget) before I could call them back. I sent them the ebook "101 ways that your business can change the world" and thanked them for their time. I will be sure to contact them on a regular basis to see if they may be interested in the future. I think a New Years card is a great idea!

I will be reporting on the follow up progress this weekend and will still be going out to make contacts. I need the practice until it becomes a habit!

Sandy W.

1 comment:

Ginny Dye said...

Hi Sandy,

I am so proud of all you're doing! And you're right, FOLLOW-UP is the key. You've made so many great contacts and I know that as you follow-up with them you'll have the results you want! Your baby is going to be so proud of you! :)

Ginny

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video