Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday February 10

After dinner, when I normally start my follow up calls, my 2-year old son was in our bedroom and called me in. He pointed to the chair by my husband's computer and said "sit". He got up in my lap and said "I want grandpa and nana" and pointed to the computer monitor. It was cute and I couldn't say no. So we "skyped" with his grandparents (using the webcam) and the next thing I knew it was time for evening call without having made a phone call yet for MPM.

My video has been viewed 57 times now but only resulting in two more hits on my MPM page (287). I did not really do "anything" else today to promote. Although I had not really thought about it before (as Jackie described in the call tonight) that my video can be promoting MPM for me when I am tied up with other things and can't.

I think instead of sending out letters this week I will call the business first and then ask them the best way to send them information (email or mail) and then arrange for a time to call them back. This way I keep from getting too many going at once and not have time for the follow up.

I focused this evening on planning a little. I had thought about going to the Raleigh Fundraisers Meetup group this Saturday. Based on the RSVP list, it looks like there is only one person going who has made it clear that he has a fund raising opportunity that will save non-profits. It does not really seem like the audience I am seeking. There is a meeting with the Triangle Nonprofit group on Tuesday night next week that seems to be more of the audience that I am looking for (mostly people involved in non-profits). So I think I will spend my time researching their NPOs and preparing for the Tuesday meeting rather than goign to the one on Saturday and not having time to prep for the Tuesday meeting. So I started researching and introduced myself to several people that are part of the "meet up" community.

Here is to tomorrow and better connections with people than today!

--Sandy W

2 comments:

Tina Katz said...

I think the best connection was made today! Your daughter, you and the grandparents. Moments like that are so precious.You have been working so hard and your little girl was there to tell you so. That is the beauty of working at home. Soon, you will be able to take in more and more of those moments and make yours calls and contacts.....And Ditch the job. The way you have been going at it, you are going to be telling the boos soon to take the job and @#@$#%&$ it, cause you have better things to do, like make a difference in the world!
tina from ny

Big Z and his Mom said...

Hi Sandy,

Great ideas to ditch the Meet-Up group this SAT in favor of Tuesdays' meeting. That's going where the energy is.

Your son is a smart cookie--- he got to practice being grown up and using grown up toys today AND connect with family. ;-) If his grandparents aren't a part of MPM yet, then, consider this valuable networking time. If they are, then consider you were training your team. All in all, it was time well spent. On top of that, he got time with you . . .

Have a great day today!

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video