Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am realizing that as the week drags on it gets harder for me to find the energy to complete what I need to do each day...It's not just MPM related. Everyone has been so helpful and encouraging..I know it keeps me going.

Well, my plan to get to some gas stations today did not work out. I did have to get gas, but overslept and did not have time on the way to work to do more than top off the tank. We had a new employee starting today, so I had to make sure I was there to unlock the door and get him started. (There are now two people working at my office, including myself).

I really want to try talking to businesses in person, now that I have sent them letters and talked to them on the phone. So tomorrow...I have my business cards ready.

I am still trying to find different ways to develop relationships with people. I know that there is no room for excuses, but it's difficult to get out with a little one, not to mention a really tight budget right now. Mainly I have been using the USPS and phone calls to make contacts, as well as attempting to talk to people that I meet. I am interested in the social networking aspects. Don't worry, I'm not planning on building my business "hiding behind the internet" blasting ads on websites. But I do want to learn how to use social networking sites to help me develop relationships. I think up until now I have made it too complicated. I am also interested in local groups. So I have joined the triangemom2mom.com forum. I have been reading other's blogs and have been making comments on their blogs as way to meet some of the other members of the forum.

I also joined a meet up group tonight at meetup.com and am going to try to make it to their meeting in February. It's a group of people who work for non-profits. I made sure to include the "Together We Can Change The World, Inc" in my profile.

That's about all I can muster for today's blog. Here's to a good night sleep and a refreshed tomorrow!

-Sandy W

2 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

You mustered up well, Sandy. In spite of your follow-up time being taken with work unexpectedly, you DID take action. Sleep tight. Especially since you DID remember to blog, too ;-).

Tina Katz said...

Great Job And have sweet Dreams!
tina from ny

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video