Monday, January 19, 2009

I have a confession to make...

...I have been listening to the morning boot camp calls during my lunch break on the public code. I usually get there late and end up getting several phone calls in the middle...but it helps me to hear what others in the boot camp are doing. There are some who cannot make the evening calls, so I can hear what they are up to on the morning calls.

Anyway, today, Ginny was asking Andrea about what her passions were. She has been working with several schools (private) and was considering what to do with while those that she is working with get their participation in a WCM approved.

It got me thinking about my passions and made me wonder why I was building the business the way I was. I had been struggling to get enough contacts each day, especially in the beginning and had even turned to free leads (not the PM dialer leads but free leads from a free leads source). I had been picking and choosing a few each day to try to contact but was not having much success getting a hold of anyone. On Saturday, for the fun of it, I downloaded a new set of 60 leads (they end up being a few days old) and started calling down the list..calling everyone. Of the ones I got through (before my son woke up from his nap) 25% were bad phone numbers, 50% were answering machines, and the other 25% that actually answered asked to be removed from the list.

Instead of going through that again, I decided to focus this week on accomplishing what I have been planning to do with the business partnership program. I am going to send out letters, contact business and set up appointments. It's been fun to see what various businesses are around that I had no idea that existed. I'm picking ones out of the phone book that had a bigger ad (because I figure they have money for an advertising budget) and a website. I am going to send out 10 letters/day and follow up with them a few days later. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Tomorrow I will discuss some of the other ways I will be building my business daily in order to reach my goals...

-Sandy W.

1 comment:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Though I don't have the power ;-), I grant you absolution, Sandy.

I remember back to your blogs as you were reaching out towards businesses. I think I'm going to re-read them again after reading this post.

My question is, did you answer the question about your passions? Is it working with groups or organizations like Andrea? I did get that working with leads has not been all that fulfilling of late ;-).

Have a great week, Sandy.

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video