Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday-Where did the week go?

I needed a little bit of a break today to take care of some things not Power Mall Related. However, I did follow up with My World Changer to make sure that he is getting the support that he needs. I also spent some time researching some local (college) student organizations to see if they may be good groups to work with. I never belonged to a "greek" group in college, so I do not have a "legacy" connection to work with, but there were four different student organizations that I thought might be interested in raising money for their associated non-profit using My Power Mall. I could not find their phone number contact information on their website, just their emails, so I was sure to put their organization name and "fund raising" in the subject line so hopefully they will get read.

Tom was talking tonight about how he had found his "calling" working with NPO's and how he looked forward to going out and talking to them each day to build his business (and help them out as well). While I am feeling more confident, I too am looking for that connection...whether it be businesses, individuals, or organizations that I can help and feel good about helping them. I feel like I am lacking that connection with some of the people that I am following up with, making the follow up more difficult. So I'm trying to find something in common with those contacts I have and broaden my reach for contacts that I will make in the future. I joined an online network for buisness owners in the "919" area code. It seems like they have some meet up groups and so forth that will help me broaden those people that I meet and I can make some connections.

Tomorrow I am going to call the funding organization that I called and emailed yesterday to make sure that they have watched the video and see what they think!

--I signed up for the $300 in grocery rebates while Jacki was talking about them...I'm so excited!

--Sandy W

1 comment:

Ginny Dye said...

Fabulous work, Sandi!!!

Ginny

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video