Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Follow-up/Contact Tracking System

I don't have an autoresponder (I'm trying to keep my out-of-pocket costs to a minimum), and I know that they are worth their weight in gold, but for right now, I had been keeping track of all my contacts in an excel worksheet. I put the date that I met them, the date that I emailed them, and date of any follow up calls (and what the result was).

This weekend, I made sure that they were all added into my email contact list AND I made "mailing lists" and made sure each contact was included in at least one mailing list. For example, all of my business contacts emails went on one list in my yahoo contacts while the ones that I met "on the street" were in another and the leads were in yet another. Those contacts that had asked to be removed from my list were deleted from my yahoo email contacts. (They were still in my excel sheet I just "hid" to row so I would not call them by accident).

I also made a list of of all my contacts that I needed to call/email on a weekly basis to follow up with. I highlighted portions of the list a different color for each day of the week. They are listed in order of most important to least important. Once I call them, I remove the highlight and make sure that the call result's are recorded in my original excel file. If for some reason I did not get to call them that day, I simply change the color of the highlight to the next day and readjust so I can still fit all my calls in for the week. This is the new system I am trying out this week. So far, it's worked okay....although my follow up list is so large it is difficult to squeeze everyone into a week's timeframe. It doesn't help that I'm not getting breaks at my job either to squeeze MPM into.

I did get to make a few calls today (resulting in answering machines) and made sure everyone on the list "to email for the week" had been taken care of. I did have some reply to emails that they were no longer interested and asked to be removed from my list.

I'm hoping tomorrow to see better results with my follow up calls. It's difficult to force myself to make the calls when I only talk to machines or get negative responses. Everyone has been very supportive and helpful, so I know that's why I keep going!

--Sandy W.

3 comments:

Big Z and his Mom said...

Wow, Sandy. Thank you for that info. I'm going to come back and re-read it tomorrow, and then I'll be able to absorb all what you've said. My eyes are beginning to cross. ;-)

I'm glad that you are pressing forward . . . Remember that it took Colonel Sanders over 100 tries before someone FINALLY said YES to his recipe. I think your odds with MPM are much less.

And, those odds will decrease the longer you are in MPM. Perhaps by the time your baby is born in April, you'll be noticing that so much more, and by summer, you'll wonder what it was that prevented it in the first place.

You are doing GREAT. Stay motivated to your WHY, not the calls or the responses you get.

Anonymous said...

Good idea on your contact follow up procedure. I use a simple note book and index cards. You have to find what works for you and you are comfortable working with. I know what you mean about trying to keep up with all your contacts. It is getting to be a huge job and I don't have a handle yet on how to keep current with all of them. Seems like ones I don't get through to today get put on tomorrow and now I have more than I have time for.

Tina Katz said...

It sounds to me that you work allot mpm in, even though you have a job that is taking up most of your time. I know that your work will pay off and when that happens the other job will not be needed. Your really feeding your pipeline and it is going to be worth the time and effort that you are putting in. I love your system.Wow!
Tina from ny

How Can You Become a World Changer?

1. Go to the website http://www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/25296

2. Watch the Video for More Information if you have questions

3. Click on the "Yes I want a World Changer Mall" button under the video